Welcome to Anime Rants! I’m excited to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award once again! Recently, two people nominated me. Check them out: Rock the Vogt at Yuri Reviews and YumDeku at MyAnime2Go. To both of you, I offer my sincere thanks! First let’s review the rules for the award post!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you. (I’ll answer both sets of questions.)
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Rock the Vogt’s Questions
• You’re given the opportunity to create a crossover series of any two anime of your choosing. Which would you pick and why?
How about Shinsekai Yori and Hunter x Hunter. There could be some good melding of the universes, though a few things would need to be changed.
• You can turn any anime of your choosing into a video game in any genre. Which one would you choose?
Well, Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill are already video games, so I’ll pick something else. I’ve got a lot of recent anime on my mind lately, so let’s go with Sarazanmai. It’s so weird and so much fun, and I feel like a game of it would be great. It might be a little embarrassing to play in front of people, but I’d still do it.
• Do you still see yourself blogging five years from now? If so, how about ten?
There’s no way to know for sure, but I think I’ll probably still be blogging in five years. I’m invested in my blog and I want it to grow as I think of more interesting topics to write about. As for ten years from now, I really have no idea.
• What’s your favorite AMV? If you don’t have one, what’s your favorite anime OP or ED?
I have a playlist of over a hundred AMVs. Rather than picking the one that has the best effects and looks best over all, I would choose one that best matches the lyrics to the story or character it’s representing. I’m still not sure what my very favorite one of all would be, but definitely one that I really love is JMSLionheart’s video for Monster with the song The Devil Within by Digital Daggers. It shows the frightening nature of Johan, as well as his pain, and ends with the comeback of Nina who is able to be, in a sense, even more impressive than Johan.
• In terms of looks, which anime or manga character most resembles you?
This is a tricky question since I have issues with having an accurate perception of myself (both physically and in my emotion nature). But I do have greenish eyes, and that’s something I like about myself, so I would pick a character who also had green eyes. I know this isn’t a popular character, but if there was a gender-bent version of Suzaku from Code Geass, I think that would work pretty well.
• In terms of personality, which anime or manga character most resembles you?
Hard to say, so I’ll pick several. I’d say I’m a mix of Armin (Attack on Titan), Konata (Lucky Star), Gabriel (Gabriel Dropout), and Shun (Shinsekai Yori). Armin and Shun show my thoughtful and emotional sides, as well as my relatively good intuition to see the truth of things. Konata shows my absolute obsession with anime and being an otaku. Gabriel shows more like how I am day-to-day, just severely unmotivated and a bit deadpan.
• What’s the biggest thing keeping yuri from becoming more popular?
I think the two hugest parts of it are the age representation issue and the fan-service issue. I know they bother me from time to time. Characters are often very young, and show heavy sexualization of little girls. Even in a show with relatively older and more interesting characters, such as Citrus, it’s more about the fan-service than the girls. I believe Yuri would see a spike in popularity with more shows featuring young adult characters and less outright sexualization.
• If you were given thirty seconds during the Olympics, Super Bowl, or World Cup to promote your blog, what would you say?
At Anime Rants, I strive to write about the more thought-provoking sides of anime, such as analyses of themes, character studies, and discussions of topics or events presented in anime. I also have episode reviews for some current anime, and series reviews. Please join me at Anime Rants for unique insights, assessments, and perspectives about anime series.
• Which one song (that has nothing to do with anime) would be perfect as an anime OP or ED?
I suppose Sing Me To Sleep by Alan Walker would make a very good ED for a more melancholy anime series.
• As a blogger, what’s one regret you have?
Not starting sooner.
• If you had to cosplay as an anime character of a different gender than your own, who would you cosplay as?
Hmm. Maybe we’ll go with Suzaku from Code Geass again. I’d love to wear that royal knight outfit, haha!
What was the first anime you watched?
What was the first manga you read?
Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind.
What part of blogging do you find the most challenging
Motivation. With issues like depression and ADHD, motivation and energy will probably always be low for me. The blog is hard work. But I enjoy it.
Is your blogging personality true to yourself or have you made some changes in the way you present yourself?
I haven’t consciously made any changes. That being said, most people who meet in real life after talking online are surprised. They usually say I’m much quieter and less open in person.
If you could bring one piece of an anime series — a magic spell, a piece of equipment, a technology, or something like that — to our world and use it, what would it be?
Any kind of high-level, cure-all healing spells or technology.
What anime world would you absolutely never want to live in?
Maybe Noragami. I hate the way its system works with gods and regalia. It’s a cruel and frankly dumb system, so I won’t be able to stand it. Watching the series is hard enough.
Who’s your embarrassing anime crush?
You say that like I have only one. I have dozens of anime crushes. One of the more embarrassing ones would be L from Death Note since I know there are already so many fangirls for him.
What anime are you enjoying the most right now?
I’ve been watching Hunter x Hunter for the third time, so that’s what I’m enjoying most.
Which anime character do you see yourself the most in?
This is similar to Rock The Vogt’s question, so I’ll give the same answer. Some characters that I really see myself in are Armin (Attack on Titan), Shun (Shinsekai Yori), Konata (Lucky Star), and Gabriel (Gabriel Dropout). On a related note, one or two people have remarked that I am quite similar to Akane from Psycho-Pass, except I’m way less motivated.
You have to swap two main characters from (anime) series around.. for example Naruto and Goku… who would you choose and which of the series would you want to watch more?
What if we put Eren from Attack on Titan into the world of Shiki (Corpse Demons)? Conversely, Seishin Muroi would be in the world of Attack on Titan. I’d want to change his age though to be younger and fit in with Mikasa and Armin. Both would be extremely fascinating to watch. But actually, I think I would rather watch Attack on Titan with Muroi from Shiki. He’s so vastly different from Eren that it would prove highly interesting.
What is your favourite blog post that you’ve produced?
I’m not sure. I have always struggled with the idea of favorite anything. So I have 3 blog posts in mind. One would be my analysis of Johan Liebert and The Concept of Identity. Another is Environmentalism in Kiseijuu/Parasyte. There’s also my Goblin’s Box Thematic Analysis. I am proud of some of my character studies, too.
Sorry if you’ve been nominated recently and I didn’t realize. Some of you I know have been nominated for this or for other awards recently– well I wanted to tag you anyway because I like you and your blog. 🙂
Eggsandwich04 at KS Blogs
Merlin at Merlin’s Musings
Lynn at The Otaku Author
Pinkie at Pinkie’s Paradise
Y0uC4n7Kn0w at We Be Bloggin’
OspreyShire at Osprey’s Realm
Yon Nyan at Biblio Nyan
Irina at I Drink And Watch Anime
Scott at Mechanical Anime Reviews
11 Questions from 7mononoke
Hmm. I’m bad at this part. Sorry if the questions are a little lame.
1. For you, how do you tell if an anime is high quality in terms of visuals?
2. Do you like to listen to anime OSTs sometimes?
3. What’s an anime that you consider a masterpiece?
4. What’s an anime that’s so horrible you think it shouldn’t exist?
5. What are your favorite colors for anime eyes?
6. Can you help me think of some cover/banner image ideas for Anime Rants?
7. Did you know I have a Patreon account now? I’ll link it at the end of the post.
8. About how old were you when you got into anime?
9. In your opinion, can an anime still be “good” and have poor, cheap art/animation?
10. Do you have trouble getting motivated to write blog posts and if so why do you think that is?
11. Have you ever taken a MBTI 16 Personality test and if so what type were you?
Thank you once again to those who nominated me, and thanks to everyone for reading!
Support me Senpai!
If you want to help out Anime Rants you can give a small contribution!