This is 7mononoke (Mono) at Anime Rants, and I’ve tagged for the Mystery Blogger Award! Let me start by thanking the wonderful blogger who nominated me, Keiko over at Keiko’s Anime Blog. I really appreciate this, Keiko! It’s especially great to be able to do this as I’m attempting to get back into blogging.
Rules for the Mystery Blogger Award
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
3 Random Things About Mono
One — I’m quite short.
I’m only 5 foot 1 inch, or about 155 centimeters. This has come up recently since I made a very dear friend who is 6’5″ (around 195 cm), and we talked about height.
Two — My very favorite dish is my family’s Oyster Soup.
You either like oysters or you don’t. I fucking love them. The soup has a creamy milk and butter base with a shit ton of garlic salt.
Three — My “First Love” as an anime fan was Wolf’s Rain.
It was the first anime I watched all the way through, and it remains in my top 5 or 6 favorites. People often ask what my favorite anime is, and I can never answer, since I have at least 10 all-time favorites. But today someone asked what my anime “first love” was, which was refreshing.
Answering Keiko’s Questions
If there was an alien invasion what would you do?
This is assuming humanity wouldn’t just be wiped out or put completely under the control of the aliens right away. (I think that’s what would happen). Anyway, I’d instantly think about wanting to learn about the aliens and interact with them. I’d take care of some practical matters first, like checking on my family, but then I’d do whatever I could for a chance to get to know the aliens.
If you had the company of two fictional characters during the invasion, who would they be?
I’m not in the mood to think through who would be the most optimal choices here. So I’ll just pick two that immediately come to mind. Naturally, they are anime characters. I choose Saitama, the hero of One Punch Man, and Rimuru from Reincarnated As a Slime.
If in said invasion, you could carry one weapon, what would that be?
I’m not sure. It would be something well-suited for self-defense, light, and easy to use. Perhaps a specialized tranquilizer gun of some sort.
What do you imagine the invading aliens to look like?
Many possibilities come to mind, but I imagine the aliens as creatures so different from life on Earth that they cannot truly manifest. So instead, they appear in a ghost-like human form, by “hacking” your mind, and gathering data to manage the appearance of a human. I suppose the aliens could also appear as animals or monsters depending on what kind of reaction they wanted from you.
If you managed to get into a conversation with one of the more friendly aliens and wanted to introduce anime to them, what anime would pick for them?
Since I desire and expect to learn a lot about these aliens, I’d want to help them understand humanity. That’s why I would pick an anime heavy on themes of human nature, psychology, and philosophy. For a short anime, I’d pick Death Parade. For a somewhat longer and more complex one, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Nominations for Fellow Bloggers
Megan A Geeky Girl
Xernest Just Another Random Blog
Ethan Anime as a Cup of Tea
Confessions of an Overage Otaku
Lynn The Otaku Author
Irina I Drink And Watch Anime
Mallow Secluded Observations
Karanda 100 Word Anime
Five Questions for The Nominees
1. What fields of study in science (if any) do you love?
2. What is an anime that really made you think, and struggle mentally and emotionally, more than any other?
3. May I have permission to call you by a nickname here on the blogs and social media?
4. Do you have an idea or a preference for said nickname, assuming you are ok with it?
5. Weird/funny question time! What is the most ticklish part of you? xD
Thank you very much for checking out this blog post. 🙂